Monday, February 4, 2008

What a Wonderful Day to Start The Day

This morning, as I was finishing my breakfast of leftover chocolate cake, I happened to catch a glimpse of the vivid orange sky outside my window. Leaving the dirty plate and fork on the counter, I quickly changed into jeans, threw on my coat, grabbed the camera, and headed outside. The beautiful sunrise ended up drawing me to the fields not far from our apartment, but before I had reached my destination, I received the dreaded message from the camera: "Battery Depleted." This did a sufficient job of reminding me of my forgetfulness, as I left in such a hurry that I didn't bring the camera case that contains a spare set of batteries. I decided to enjoy the walk and the view with my own eyes; I could still appreciate the beauty without taking any pictures. In a spark of inspiration I remembered that the camera still has power for a few seconds after being turned off and then on again. Employing this technique, I managed to take some pictures to share with you, though I fear I missed capturing the best of the sunrise. It's clear that I need to learn a bit more about taking pictures of the sun and the sky, but I opine my little excursion resulted in a handful of pretty pictures nonetheless. The surprisingly successful ones I've posted are the work of God's creativity and skill, not mine. As I arrived back at the front door of the apartment building, the clouds above started to sprinkle. I didn't get wet, nor did the camera, and that I also owe to God.








This one is my favorite. The frosted puddle looked so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment